This is the beginning of your online portfolio. To get started, we suggest you start with the following steps:
- Log into the site, get acquainted with the administration interface. (More on it here and here.)
- Review your settings, start by changing your title under Settings > General. You need to hit “Save” or “Update” to keep your changes. (More on Settings here.)
- Under “Users”, make sure you are OK with your display name and other profile settings.
- Review how to post, how categories work.
- Make sure you understand the post privacy settings.
- Maybe start by changing your “About” page?
- Basics of “Appearance”: themes, widgets, menus, header image.
Note: When you are in the backend of your site (ie, the administration area), you can get tips by clicking the “Help” menu on the top-right corner.
- Here is information about the terminology used in WordPress.
- Information on the differences between “posts” and “pages” here.
- Here is information on the difference between a category and a tag.